Norbar Torque Tools Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Norbar Torque Tools Ltd of Wildmere Road, Banbury, OX16 3JU, UK.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. This information may be provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about your computer hardware and software, including where available your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the site, to maintain the quality of the site and to provide general statistics regarding the use of our site.
Please note that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through public message boards on our site, this information may be collected and used by others.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer by a web page server. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The following cookies are used on our site for all visitors:
||Used to distinguish users.
||Used to throttle request rate.
More information on the Google Analytics cookie library can be found here
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here
DotNetNuke and ASP.net cookies (These are essential to website operation and administration)
||Stores a session ID for users who have not registered and logged in to the website to view standard website content.
||A functional administration cookie that really only affects logged in users and administrators of the website, ensuring that the correct mode "edit mode" is the default setting for making website changes.
||Detects if a user has reached the website via a mobile device and redirects them
||This cookie identifies the last page that was visited.
||Stores user location to deliver country specific content.
||This cookie allows a logged in user to view information assigned to their user group.
||This is the login cookie which keeps the session open for each user for a set period of time when they have successfully logged in
||Country redirection cookie that redirects the user to country specific content based on IP
||This cookie is set by ASP.NET and stores the identifier of the currentuser's session
||This cookie is generated by ASP.NET MVC and is designed to protect our website against malicious form post attacks.
Where we store your data
Security of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of your information
We may use information held about you in any of the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to determine which of our products and services are the most popular so as to deliver customised content and advertising.
We will not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties. However, we may share your information with trusted third parties to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We will not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Norbar Torque Tools Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 30th October 2014