Norbar Torque Tools manufacture an extensive range of high quality torque wrenches to cover torque values from 1 N·m to 2000 N·m. They are designed and manufactured to exceed international standards for accuracy.
In addition to the normal 'adjustable' torque wrenches, Norbar offer Production 'P' Type versions which can be pre-set and dedicated to a particular application. This setting system is designed to discourage unauthorised alteration.
All Norbar torque wrenches are offered as standard with a quality ratchet. For applications where interchangeable end fittings are required, 'Torque Handles' are also available in various models up to 550 N·m.
• Product Video
The TTi wrenches have ultra robust ratchets that are push through only (non reversible). TTi wrenches are finished in an attractive durable satin chrome.
TTf Fixed Head Torque Wrenches
The TT Fixed Head models differ
from the TTi Wrenches in having a
robust, non-ratcheting fixed head.
TT Fixed Head Wrenches are finished in satin chrome rather than the bright chrome used on regular TT Wrenches.
All other features remain the same.
TTfth Female Torque Handles
The Norbar TT Female Torque Handles have the same features as the popular TTi models but are supplied with a 9 x 12 mm or 14 x 18 mm Female end.
Non-Magnetic Torque Wrench
Norbar has launched it's first ever Non-magnetic Torque Wrench, which is proving invaluable for medical equipment maintenance, notably in the MRI field. It also has further applications across a range of industries wherever tools have to be used in the presence of a strong magnetic field.
Carefully selected and tested materials replace the ferrous components present in standard torque wrenches, therefore giving an extremely low magnetic footprint, but they also retain the high standards of Norbar's other Torque Wrenches.
Insulated Torque Wrenches
Using injection moulded Nylon 11, Norbar's insulated torque wrench complies with IEC 60900:2004 and is more durable than the traditional PVC dipped insulated tools.
The Model 5 is a unique Torque Wrench that offers high accuracy and the convenience of interchangeable 1/4 in hexagon bits. (ISO 1173:1988 Form C drive bits).
- Accuracy of +/-3% of reading exceeds all torque wrench standards.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied, to satisfy ISO9000 quality systems.
- Non Length Dependent. The Model 5 remains accurate regardless of hand position.
- Supplied in a storage case. The case allows space for the storage of additional drive bits, and optional stepless ratchet.
Also available as Production 'P' Types, preventing unauthorised alteration of torque setting. No external calibration equipment is required to set the Model 5 'P' Type.
Coloured end seals are provided to identify the wrench to a particular operator, torque setting or calibration period.
The 'Professional' is Norbar's core torque wrench range containing the most popular models and the most model variants to suit almost every application. More than 60 years of torque wrench manufacture has shaped this range and no aspect of design, manufacture or materials is taken to chance.
The Professional torque wrench offers an ideal combination of accuracy, robust construction, comfort and ease of use and is now available with either an 'Automotive' ratchet or an 'Industrial' ratchet.
The 'Automotive' reversible ratchets are designed with compact dimensions and a narrow engagement angle resulting from the 72 tooth pattern. These features make the wrench ideal for use in the confined spaces of modern motor vehicles and many other applications. These ratchets are available with models to cover from 8 to 200 N·m.
The 'Industrial' push-through ratchets are robustly engineered for strength and durability. They also allow the wrench to be used for torque control in both the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. These ratchets are available with models to cover from 1 to 400 N·m.
- With an accuracy of +/-3% of reading, all international standards for torque wrenches are exceeded.
- Every wrench is supplied with a calibration certificate to satisfy the requirements of ISO 9000:2000.
- Soft feel handle provides excellent grip even in oily conditions.
- Handle material and lens resist all chemicals in common automotive, industrial and aviation use.
- Locking mechanism prevents accidental adjustment of the wrench during operation.
- Long scale graduated in N·m and lbf·ft allows for foolproof and accurate setting.
- Supplied in a moulded box for storage and protection (except Torque Handles).
Torque Handles are available covering a range of 8 to 300 N·m and can be supplied with 16mm spigot, 9 x 12mm or 14 x 18mm rectangular type (dependant on torque capacity).
Production 'P' Types wrenches are also available with either ratchet type, for use in a production environment where they will be set and then dedicated to a particular application. There is no scale, and so must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
• P Type Product Video
550 Series Professionals
- Accuracy of +/-3% of reading.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied.
- Non length dependent. Extension handle can be used to reduce operator effort (handle supplied as standard with Model 800, 1000 and 1500).
- Positive 'click' can be heard, seen and felt.
- Low weight - Model 1000 just 5.8 kg.
- Long scale length in N·m and lbf·ft allows error free setting.
- Fine 60 tooth ratchet allows the wrench to be used in confined areas.
All models are available as Production 'P' Types for use in a production environment where they will be set and then dedicated to a particular application.
The Model 550 is also available as a Torque Handle with a 22mm Spigot or 14 x 18mm Female end to take various size end fittings.
- Accuracy exceeds all international standards.
- Unmistakable signal when set torque is reached.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied to satisfy ISO9000:2000 quality systems.
- High quality 72 tooth ratchet allows use in confined spaces.
- Fixed head version has a push through square for left and right handed torque tightening.
- Moulded grip aids correct hand location and operator comfort.
Torque Handle versions are available for both 16mm spigot and 9 x 12mm fittings.
Production 'P' type versions are designed to discourage unauthorised alteration. The have no scale and so must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
- Robust construction gives accurate results, to +/-4%, even in arduous working conditions.
- Every wrench supplied with a calibration certificate to satisfy requirements of ISO9000:2000.
- The large break angle improves accuracy by reducing the possibility of over torquing.
- Cam control of the mechanism gives a controlled break which will not throw the operator off balance.
- Dual scaled, N·m and lbf·ft.
Production 'P' types versions, with no setting scale, are also available to discourage unauthorised alteration, and must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
A Torque Handle version is also available (Model 4) with a 22mm spigot to take various end fittings.
A range of Metric and Imperial Open End fittings are available for Norbar Torque Handles, both the 16mm or 22mm spigot versions.
Ring End fittings are available in Metric and Imperial sizes to suit the 16mm and 22mm spigot Norbar Torque Handles.
Flare End fittings can be supplied in Metric and Imperial sizes to suit the 16mm and 22mm spigot torque handles.
Various sizes of Fixed Head end fittings are available for Norbar Torque Handles, both the 16mm or 22mm spigot versions.
Ratchet Heads are available in various styles and sizes to suit the Norbar 16mm and 22mm Torque Handles.
Various Adaptors for use with Norbar Torque Wrenches and Torque Handles.
Blank End fittings are available for both the 16mm and 22mm spigot Torque Handles, for Open and Ring ends.
The correct tightening of carbon/graphite electrodes is known to increase the energy efficiency of electric arc furnaces and prevents electrode sections from being lost in the furnace.
Norbar Electrode wrenches are based on two well proven torque wrench designs; electrodes up to 8 inches use the 'Professional' type, 9 inches and upwards are based on the 'Industrial' wrench.
- Positive torque control increases the energy efficiency.
- Self-clamping action speeds the tightening operation.
- Unmistakable signal when the set torque is reached.
- A wide range of electrode sizes can be tightened.
TT20 & TT50
In engineering this new range of torque wrenches, Norbar has paid close attention to accuracy, ease of setting and comfort in use.
Durability has been a primary development goal - both in terms of the lifetime of components and longevity of calibration accuracy. Cycle testing of wrenches at full torque was a key element of the development process and, in total, several million tightening cycles were accumulated. The result is a product that you can use with complete confidence that you have the best tool for the job.
- Accuracy: +/-3% of reading exceeds all international standards for torque wrenches. Each wrench is supplied with a traceable calibration certificate.
- Micrometer Scale for simple and error free setting. (On dual scale wrenches, the micrometer increment applies to the N·m scale).
- Quick and Light Adjustment: adjustment over the entire scale can quickly be achieved and with minimal effort in approximately ten complete turns (exact number varies by model).
- Adjustment Lock: all models feature a lock to prevent accidental adjustment of the set torque.
- Versatile Ratchets: the tough ratchets are reversible and a narrow engagement angle of 5° to allow easy positioning of the tool in the tight confines of today's vehicles and machines.
- Comfortable, Durable Handle: the handle is constructed using two materials: a base material for strength overlaid with a soft feel grip for comfort and slip resistance. The handle material and lens resist chemicals in common usage in the automotive, aviation and industrial environments.
TT100 - TT300
Norbar has engineered this range of torque wrenches ensuring that accuracy, ease of setting and comfort when using, are a priority.
Another primary goal during development was durability, the aim not only in terms of the lifetime of components but also the longevity of calibration accuracy. During the development process a total of several million tightening cycles were accumulated at full torque, the result beng a product that you can use with complete confidence.
- An accuracy of +/-3% is shown on a traceable calibration certificate supplied with each wrench. This exceeds all international standards for torque wrenches.
- Simple and Error free setting is provided by the micrometer scale.
- Adjustment over the entire scale can be easily achieved with minimum effort, due to the quick and light adjustment.
- Accidental adjustment of the set torque is eliminated as all models feature an adjustment lock.
- The tough, reversible ratchets have a narrow engagement angle of 6° allowing easy positioning in confined spaces.
- The 'push through' ratchets provide torque control in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- The durable handle has a base material for strength overlaid with a soft feel grip which provides comfort and slip resistance. Both the handle and lens resist those chemical found in the aviation, automotive and industrial work place.
The Slimline models have similar features to the SL0 but with the following additions:
- Steel adjusting/locking mechanism avoids accidental torque alteration.
- Robust 24 tooth ratchets.
- 'Mushroom head' square drive prevents the square being pulled out with the socket.
- Torque control in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.